Sunday, October 23, 2011

BTN: April

April 2011 - Closed for Construction!
So Chris and I were on our way to a party when I thought I left my phone back at the house. I searched the car high and low with no luck. So Chris gave me a ring to see if the phone was even in the car.....as it turns out, I set the phone on my lap and was quite alarmed, to say the least, when it began to vibrate. Having the sometimes vulgar humor we do the following conversation ensued....

Ashlee: Ha! Well it wouldn't be the first thing to get lost down there!

....with a very quick response....

Chris: Yeah, apparently my guys can't find their way down there. I mean there are two off ramps! You need to shut one of those down! Closed for Construction!

Ashlee: WHAT!?! They've got at least three days in there. Can't they turn around and try again!

Chris: Ummm, they are like smaller than a spec! That's like driving to Florida and realizing you're not in Vegas!!

Yup, that's what we talk about. It's a wonder we aren't pregnant yet, right?! What a wealth of knowledge! :)


April 2011- Whoops!
Chris almost spilled the beans. We were out to dinner with my family the night before our race talking about the cruise my parents just got back from and about the cruise we were planning to take with my brother and Jax.

Jax and I had talked about what would happen or what we would do if we were pregnant or just had the baby and if we would be ready to leave them. One day my friend Steph was over and we were joking around about the cruise and all and we decided it wouldn't be (note the sarcasim) weird if Chris took my best friend on the cruise if we couldn't refund the trip.

So long story short....he almost told the story of Steph going on the cruise with him because I wouldn't be able to leave the baby.

It was a close one....


April 2011 - Dress Shopping
I am standing up in two weddings this year. Both girls (Gini and Vicky) know there is the possibility I may be with child for their weddings. Gini's bridesmaid dress was a no worry. It's an empire waist that then flows away from the body. I actually attended a wedding last year where they wore the same dress. One of the B-Maids was 16 weeks PG and you couldn't even tell. I would be 17 weeks at the most possible for Gini's.
Vic's wedding on the other hand is September 24th, I could potentially be 27 weeks at the most for hers. I had the pleasure this Sunday of going to try on her dress selection...with a PG pillow underneath.....

....laugh it up people! It's looks more like I'm trying to steal something! The waist will need to be altered and I'm ordering the dress two sizes larger...hopefully I won't be regretting that decision later on! I thought the picture above was too funny not to share though!


April 2011 - Truth Be Told
Things did not work out this month. Usually my first thought and the first thing that wants to roll off my tongue is "We failed again", but I'm having a very hard time actually coming to say we failed. I don't like the sound of it and it doesn't fit the situation. I just don't know what else to think or say. We'll just keep trying I guess.

If not apparent by my tone, I've been a bit down lately. It's no secret Chris travels a lot for work and I don't think many people think much of it. I'm sure they don't think about the long stretches of time I'm alone with me, myself and LoBear. Seeing as I can't exactly help myself our window of opportunity is smaller than the norm. It seems every month Chris is out of town during the most opportune time and sometimes we luck out and everything is perfectly timed and still no dice. Usually I could cope just fine but it seems everyone, EVERYONE, seriously it feels like everyone around me is announcing their pregnancies. Firsts, Seconds, Thirds....you name it, they are coming out of the woodwork. I pretty much want to cry every time I hear about someone new, it takes everything I have to smile and not break down in tears.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment