March 2011
Well....what to say!? Chris and I have been trying to conceive for a couple months now. It's a very exciting, scary, confusing and stressful time in our lives! So much to do, so much to prepare, so much to learn, and even though they say you are not suppose to...so much to worry about. That's why I'm writing these "Before the News"(BTN) Chronicles...I have to tell somebody! I've had some help with venting the stress and worry to my amazing friend Steph, you have been the world to me, and to my sister-in-law Jacki who has also been trying to conceive... Yes Mother, we got your message loud and clear, and yes we've been lying to you for some time now about when we were going to have children! Sorry about that, I'm sure you'll forgive us!
Two weeks ago we found out the amazing news that Tony and Jacki are expecting! She is due October 20th and our family could not be more elated... especially Mom! ;) Jax, it has been so great to have someone to talk to that I can trust with our little secret. You've been so supportive and informative through all my questions and truly helped us along this crazy journey! I can't wait to meet our niece/nephew and see the joy they will bring to the two of you. Steph, word's can't describe what it means to me to have you to talk with. You are with out a doubt my sane mind that talks me out of my insane mind and I love the trust we have in each other. If I don't say it out loud enough, THANK YOU! You're amazing!
Mom, I want you to know the hardest part of this all is not telling you. I'm dying to tell you, but of course want it to be a surprise and to see your face when we share the big news. I was thrilled when you told me you never noticed Jacki was not drinking at her birthday party because that meant you didn't see that I was not drinking as well, I was a bit nervous about that. Also, you are coming up this weekend while Chris is out of town and I'm hoping and praying you don't want to have some wine while we're making dinner. I don't want to have to pour my NA wine into a carafe and let you think it's real wine. That's just mean! I'm thinking we'll make Sun Dried Tomato, Chicken & Broccoli Risotto, can't go wrong with that one! And by the way, it's getting harder and harder every time I talk to you on the phone. I want to blurt it all out and spill the beans, especially now that babies come up in every conversation since you are so excited about Jax. I understand, but you're killing me here! ;)
To top off this post I'll end with saying we got some wonderful news just this past weekend as well. My other sister-in-law, Sarah, is pregnant with their second child....also due the end of October....more exact the 22nd...let me tell you about the madness October will bring each year! The funniest part of it all was that last month I was late and thought I could be pregnant as well....my due date would have been October 25th! When it rains it pours, but as you can tell from this post, I'm not pregnant yet and am doing my best to patiently await our turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment