Sunday, October 23, 2011

8 Weeks +


I'm currently in my 9th week and beginning to feel more confident about this pregnancy. I've been a bit nervous for the last couple weeks because things have been going great, almost too great. I have only a couple pregnancy symptoms and thankfully being nauseous hasn't been one of them.  If I continue to eat small meals throughout the day I feel fine, it's when I run out of time to eat or get caught up in something at work and it slips my mind, then my body reminds me. Mostly though, I use the bathroom a whole lot and night time has been pretty restless with at least 3 trips on average back to the bathroom.  I am starting to feel more exhausted during the day and when I get home from work I pretty much want to go straight to bed.
All in all I've had many friends that have had it a lot worse in the first trimester so I'm trying my best to sit back and enjoy this mysterious little nugget growing inside. Can't wait for Friday to see the little bugger and fingers crossed, perhaps hear a heartbeat!

September 23rd, 2011
Oh my word! There are no words!  We had our first doctor appointment and no need for worries, there is indeed a baby in there! We are so happy that everything is going great, Baby C is healthy and has a strong heartbeat (167) and I'm healthy and still have no nausea! We've learned that our due date is May 5th, 2012, just two days after my birthday! That makes me eight weeks tomorrow! I'm much more confident about the pregnancy now and have given the family the okay to tell extended family as well. The most exciting part of this all was hearing the heartbeat! It has made everything all so real, there is a baby growing in there!! Still so weird, but such an amazing gift as Chris and I celebrate our two year anniversary in the next few days.


Here is our little smudge, as Auntie J affectionately called it, at 7 weeks 6 days. The head is in the upper left.



This is one of those creepy 3D ultrasounds. You can see the little nuggets head, an arm, a leg and the umbilical cord on the left.


No comments:

Post a Comment