Cheers to 13 weeks and Christopher's 32nd birthday! We are so happy to finally be over the major margin of worry and happy to finally not have to keep everything a big secret. Speaking of big secret....we (aka Ashlee) are 98% we are going to find out the sex of the baby. For weeks I would change my mind daily and although I love many of the reasons why couples don't find out, I didn't feel a strong connection to any of those reasons. So, in the mean time check out the poll on the side of the blog and let us know what you think! There are two votes there already...Mom and Dad-to-be. I've been leaning towards it being a boy while Chris thinks it's a girl. You decide!
Here I am at 13 weeks
I'm still feeling great, although I've had a few rough days after a couple Saturdays of going, going, going. That will teach me to over do it...
...but it was so fun! Chris' parents came to visit and we hit the local farmers market in the morning to check out all the fresh grub, cuties in costumes, and get a few snacks like Deep Fried Oreo's, you heard me right, and hot yummy egg rolls! This is was happens when you eat powder covered deep fried goodness while waiting in line for egg rolls in a black jacket.
Mike buys and sells coins and money and while waiting in line for egg rolls he got a good tip for a spot downtown that sells money notes. He ended up buying quite a few and I have a feeling this is going to become a regular stop for him while in town. After the market we stopped in a cafe for lunch and they had Internet access, we joked that Mikey was going to load and sell all the money before they left Appleton the next day. We didn't realize how serious our joking could be.
Can you spot the avid coin and note seller?
Then after some shopping, we got a little surprise visit from family friends Tom and Nancy who were passing through on their way home Door County. We talked them into joining us for a drink at dinner. What no one but Chris and I knew is that we were not going to just one spot for dinner but instead four! Drinks, appetizers, dinner and dessert. Chris and I love the restaurants of Appleton and always have had a hard time picking just one for a night out on the town so we often go to many! We thought as long as the weather was still decent that we would share that experience with his family. It turned out great and was lots of fun...even though we were too full to make it dessert!
Il Angolo Resto-Bar
Cena of Appleton
Lombardi's Steakhouse
No comments:
Post a Comment