Saturday, April 14, 2012

37 Weeks + Baby Shower #3

Our doctor's appointment this past week was an eventful one. We found out I'm 2cm dilated already! It's okay if you're freaking out... so are we! I asked the doctor (another new one, not creepy at all like the last one) if she could guess about how big Sloane is. She grabbed my belly and replied with, "Well, not right now, you're having a contraction." I couldn't feel a thing. So yeah, I'm dilated AND not feeling my contractions. Great! On the other hand, I could stay 2cm for the next three weeks right up until my due date. Either way it definitely puts us on a slightly higher alert.

The doctor's guess, by the way, was that Sloane is just over 7lbs right now. So take that for what it's worth! I have another new doctor next week, so we'll ask her the same thing and see what she says. We figure we can average all their answers then!


A week or so ago I was surprised by my co-workers with another baby shower!  Well they went above and beyond any of my expectations and I ended up being completely surprised. Their biggest obstacle was scheduling. With Chris' schedule changing weekly they could never be sure what days I would be going home for the lunch hour to let the dog out. I also schedule all vendor visits in our office so I have access to everyone's calendars. They couldn't schedule anything on there or I would see.

Here's how they accomplished the impossible. Although, I'm going to blame pregnancy brain for missing all the signals! The week prior I got a call from one of our wallcovering reps asking to come in and meet with the group on Wednesday. Later that day she called back to reschedule for a later time because she had "something" come up.  Turns out my co-workers saw the appointment and had her switch. Then the week of I received a call from my boss in Milwaukee. He said he was going to be up by us on Wednesday for a meeting late morning and wondered if I wanted to go out to lunch "since he might not get another chance any time soon." Who says no to their boss? It wasn't an uncommon thing either for him to take me out to lunch so I never thought anything of it. Turns out, there was no meeting, he literally drove up just to be part of the surprise and get me to my favorite restaurant in town. I walked in, asked for a table, and even after being walked away from the main dining space and towards to back "party room" I still hadn't figured things out. Then they moved the curtain.....






And now for a little added bonus... here's a sneak peak at some of the nursery! Almost finished, and yes I know we should be done by now, but remember we didn't even think we'd be having Sloane here in Appleton and with selling the house we wanted to keep things as simple as possible for as long as possible. That all changed once we really got started ;) Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment