Tuesday, April 10, 2012

36 Weeks + A Meal of Epic Proportions

April Showers... bring (hopefully) May flowers! Although this year the weather seems to think March showers-ish bring April flowers-ish. Who knows what May will bring! I won't lie though I have a a weird soft spot for this April fabric. Not sure if it's the cute umbrella's and colors of the fabric, or the fact that I was so excited to find such a perfect "April showers" fabric.

I'm also very excited to tell you all, I got to start Sloane's blanket with the fabric from the back drops this past Friday! Thanks to my co-worker forr letting me borrow her rotary cutter. Not a stitch of numbness or blisters to be found on my hands! I'm hoping to start sewing everything together this week :)

And now, for a meal of epic proportions... The Verona family dream dinner! To honor my Papa we decided this Easter was going to be all our favorites that Nana and Papa made for family gatherings. It was just the kind of holiday we all needed. The buzz around the house was crazy and we all drooled in anticipation of the meal to come. We even skipped any form of appetizer, and for our family that's really saying something! There were a few sneak tastes before hand though.... someone has to make sure it's good enough to eat! Busted!


I snuck a piece of bread to Chris before dinner who was apparently dying of hunger (isn't that suppose to be the preggo's job?), but we'll give him a pass since he had no idea of all the greatness that was about to be displayed in front of him.

Our Chef for the evening!

On the menu...
Green Bean Salad (Big staple in our family dinners and lunches for years.) - Green Beans, Red Onion, Tomato, Cucumber, Pepper, Red Wine Dressing


Milan Johns (Spelling?) - Fried Eggplant layered in a casserole dish topped with red sauce and parmesan cheese


Nana's Spaghetti Sauce served over angel hair pasta



Breaded Round Steak

Strawberry Shortcake - Original and Chocolate ( The Leaning Pudding Cake was at a close second because it was also such a staple, but I was making dessert and didn't have a big enough spring form, another year!)

Heaven on a plate!

So this meal of epic proportions turned into The Great Debate! Our family loves food and we have no problem breaking from tradition when it comes to holiday menus. So this debate should not shock anyone. We were trying to decide and vote on whether this meal should be a standard from now on for Easter or Thanksgiving or both or Fourth of July or Sweetest Day...Basically you get the idea, it was a great debate, complete with lots of loud Italian "talking" and hand throwing.  I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure we decided on Easter and the reasoning... "because who really likes ham anyway!?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment