Saturday, move-in day, also went pretty well. Having the additional truck really helped with moving large furniture like our dining tables, office desk and other miscellaneous stuff to the storage unit. I again was not allowed to really do anything, so I mostly walked around and pointed at where I wanted things. Mucho big thanks to our parents and Uncle Pat who were also there to help take care of Sloane, bring us all food for lunch and dinner, and help build our beds and storage shelves back up. The next day Chris left at 7:30am with his Mom to drive back down to Illinois to bring the truck back in and pick up his car. Talk about being tired!
Lastly, in our good ol' family tradition, Chris left on Monday for a week long work trip in Indy. So Sloane and I got to work unpacking, organizing and spending time together. Another big thank you to all our family and friends that came to visit that first week and bring us some grub. It was a huge help!
Packing up in Illinois
At some point Friday morning we were fully dressed to drive back to Wisconsin, but someone started to strip down in front of the movers in favor of pajamas. Hint: It was not myself or Chris!
I like to think this picture is because she was sad to be leaving but mostly she's sad because Mom was bawling her eyes out in the front seat. She kept asking me what was wrong, and when I told her I was sad to move away from here, she told me it would be okay because Grandma would be so happy to see me. True words Sloane. True words.
Unpacking at the duplex in her Badger gear ;)
Discovering if she moves her stool over by the dresser she can see the train that sounds its horn a good three or four times a day. It was fun and cute the first day...




No comments:
Post a Comment