Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 23: The Good Old Days

I'm very grateful to have the opportunity today to reconnect with a big chunk of my high school friends.

Sometimes I feel like social media sites like Facebook fool us into thinking we've seen someone sooner than we have. Don't get me wrong though, it's nice to be able to keep up with the information others are willing to put out there. In most cases it's just a glimpse of a story the real fun comes in sharing stories of those adventures face to face. Like I mentioned, Facebook has fooled me into thinking I have seen these friends sooner than I have. The reality of it all, it's been the 8 years we've been out of high school since I've seen them and that was way too long!

It was so great to see all those girls and for it to be so comfortable and easy to catch up. It was a great night, the kind that you lose track of time and if it wasn't well past Baby C's bed time I could have stayed up all night listening to all the fun and adventures they have all been on in their lives. A big thank you to Sarah for hosting us and putting this all together. I look forward to hopefully more years of getting together....and hopefully not 8 years from now, but much sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment