The guest bathroom is, knock on wood, an easy project. Like most every room in the house the guest bath was already painted a nice and simple beige. A good blank canvas. The towel bar in this room was a standard builder grade bar which had likely not been changed since the house was built. It was a shiny chrome which we could have lived with but after changing around some of the towel bars downstairs in the powder room and master bath we ended up with an extra satin silver bar. So why not change it!?
Then Now
Our tissue box broke in the process of the move so I went out and bought a new one, which turned out to be great because Sloane started sprouting teeth and we needed a place for her tooth brush and toothpaste since there were not any drawers in this bath.
I don't want to add any accessories in between to the two sinks because oddly enough the outlet is placed there. I plan to find something simple and playful for the corner since this is not just the guest bathroom but will be Sloane's bathroom. Some day I would like to get rid of the builders grade mirror and add two separate framed mirrors... and refinish or replace the cabinets... and the counter tops... and light fixtures... some day.
For now all is well.
Lastly, I saw this prints on Zulily a couple months back that I loved. They had strong, beautiful messages on them that I thought would be great for Sloane to see each day while she was getting ready for school. They were also a great blend of young artwork, but not kiddish. The problem with these prints... I didn't buy them... I had them in the cart and everything. Now, I'm checking Zulily everyday hoping the event comes back. I do know who makes them, but I'd rather pay the discounted price on Zulily than the actual price. Also, I'm planing to paint stripes on the wall along the door that match the width and cream color of the shower curtain. Lastly, I'd like to find a new 2' x 5' natural sisal or jute rug that would be in front of the whole counter. The bath rug from the other house only covers half.




No comments:
Post a Comment