When we first introduced peas she was not thrilled with them, same with avocado. I'm happy to say both of these foods have been conquered and she now enjoys them. On the other hand there is green beans and rice that she initially disliked... and continues to dislike. She spits it out everywhere! She made Daddy very frustrated this weekend.
Lastly there is eggplant. Eggplant is the opposite of everything! She loves the eggplant, goggles it down like it's nobody's business. Only problem...eggplant doesn't like Miss Sloane. The pictures below show the reaction on her precious little face. Nana and Papa were visiting and Nana was feeding her so when I walked back in the room I noticed immediately that something was a little off. Sloane shows no signs of the redness bothering her, she just smiles and keeps opening her mouth more. As obvious by the first picture, she saw my phone and started smiling.
Also this past week Sloane got her first ear infection. We thought maybe it was the antibiotics reacting since we had just started them right around the same time, but after talking with the doctor they felt it's an allergy or at the least an intolerance. Since the redness is slightly less each time we fed her eggplant they said we can take a break from it and try again in a month or so. I can't imagine a world with out Eggplant Rollitini's! Heaven forbid!
As for the ear infection, that's all clear up now. We noticed a runny nose and slight change in her behavior and figured it was just a common cold. The key that gave it away was her waking up screaming in the middle of the night and being soothed the minute we picked her up. I brought her into the doctor last Friday and we had thought the infection was in the right ear...nope...left ear. Show's why Chris and I aren't doctors! Any who....besides the runny nose, she's back to being a happy little lady who is a busy busy girl roaming the house and keeping us on our toes!


No comments:
Post a Comment