Monday, January 7, 2013

How Much Chuck? 8 Months

Oh the changes that have occurred in the last month. Miss Sloane started crawling a week or two after she turned 7 months. From there it only took a few days for her to start climbing up on stuff, starting with her toy dog from Aunt Sarah and Uncle Tim. Now it's everything, the entertainment center, the coffee table, the wall and anything she can get a hold of. I walked in one afternoon to get her up from her nap to find her already UP... literally... she was standing in her crib (12.31.12). I was so proud...until I saw that our little woodchucks newest past time was chewing on her crib. We got a chew bar to cover the rail, the crib is safe again. I can't say the same for every other piece of furniture in the house. The same day that stood in her crib she discovered the stairs and when I say discover them I mean she didn't even give them a second thought about what she was to do. I hand in front of the over, hike up the legs and away she went. She's not quite fast enough yet to warrant us buying another gate for the bottom of the stairs, but it's close. She is however fast enough to find her way from the family room to the dogs food dishes before we notice. It has become a very fun game for her and frustrating game for us.

How much chuck could a woodchuck chuck? Answer = A LOT!!

If you think this is trouble...

Try this one on for size!

Speaking of food, we've started some solid foods like cut up blueberries and banana. She uses both hands right now and eventually finds her mouth but we are still picking a fair share up for her. Her favorite sound right now to make with her mouth is a farting sounds. We chat back and forth seeing who can make the loudest and longest sound. I let her win sometimes ;) Something kind of fun she is doing right now is recognizing faces of relatives that we FaceTime with, namely Grandma and Nana. But she lights up when she sees them and reacts to what they are saying. It's weird to think she will never know lesser tool of technology than an iPad. We have books we read to her on there, games for her to play and it's her way of communicating with family that lives far away. Amazing.


Lastly, I am returning to work and Sloane to daycare. Today was our first day. It was a easy paperwork and training kind of day for me and the teachers at daycare said Sloane is an absolute sweetheart. She was not fussy, played well, ate well and even started to show some attachment to her new teachers. That was so great to hear, I feared going back to daycare at this point (more awareness of the world) that she would not do well or have built such an attachment to me during our time home together that she would become fearful of "strangers". So far though all has been well.

Hambone

8 months! Crazy! ....too soon to start planning her first birthday!??!



No comments:

Post a Comment