You can read the blog post that turned me on to this here EatLiveRun
So on to the goods. Every month Stitchfix sends you an email asking if you would like to schedule a fix. You can select yes, not now or schedule for a fix to arrive on another date. You also do not need to wait until the email each month. If you need a fix you can go online and schedule one whenever you would like. So you scheduled a fix and that box with the fun teal tag is sitting at your door step, now the fun really begins. Inside the box is five fashion items. They could be anything from jewelry to dresses. My fix included 3 tops, 1 dress and 1 scarf. In the box are cards with styling ideas, and you can grab from your closet and try the clothes on with the clothes you already own.
Seeing as I just moved in I didn't have my entire closet unpacked so I made do with what I had and what I could remember I had to take pictures to share with all of you. I should also note that when you sign up you fill out a lengthy survey about your style preferences and body type. Everything in my box fit me which was great, any issues I had was how they fit on my short stumpy body. There is also a portion of the survery where you can add any extra information about yourself. I wrote to tell them Im a new mother of a 5 month old and still self conscience about my remaining baby weight.
Lastly, before I get to the pictures, if you have a big party or event coming up that you need something special you can let them know and they will send you 5 dresses or pants or tops. Whatever it is you are looking for. When the package ships you are charged $20. That $20 goes to a credit that you may use on any item in your fix. You can keep everything or nothing, but if you do not end up liking anything the $20 can not be kept for a future fix, it is lost. You receive a pre-paid mail bag to send any pieces back that you don't want and need to mail it back out within three days of receiving it.
Without further pause....
Here is the tag with styling ideas, it was great to see some of the pieces and be able to think "Hey! I've got something like that in my closet" Bonus: I'm at home trying these on so I can use my closet!
The first is this pink elbow patch top. It was nice and loose in the tummy region to hide my o' too tight pants. I also ditched the scarf from the style card because I have a pretty large chest and bulky sweaters only make me look bigger.
I took this side shot to show the grey elbow patch. This pink and grey work really well together, I'm a big fan of the combo. The grey got me thinking about my existing clothes and I love finding ways to turn my summer dresses into fall and winter dress. So I did this...
The scarf in this picture is from my fix. It was a really nice navy knitted scarf. I decided if I didn't like anything in my fix this would be the piece that I keep.
My next top was a red knit sweater.
I wanted to love this sweater sooooo bad! I immediately was drawn to the color block but when I tried it on it made me look stumpy. I needed the next size bigger. I tried a couple different belts like the idea card showed but there is something very wrong with cutting an already stumpy body into more stumpy sections. I passed on this one.
So unlike my immediate love for the first top, this was an immediate dislike. It's called a twofer (undershirt and cardigan are attached) and it made me feel like I'm buying an outfit from Shopko. Anywho, I digress..
Of course just because I didn't this one it's the one that looked best on. It's an easy one to say no to though because I already have a sweater exactly like this, minus the attached undershirt. I do love what black does me though!
My last piece, the sweater dress
I tried styling this a couple different ways but it never really did much for my shape. It was uber comfy though and looked great with a baby on my hip!
My best accessory!
So all in all, I think it was a great first experience. I have decided to keep the pink elbow sweater as I felt the best in it and Chris agreed. I'm returning everything else. The dress is to pricey for a spontaneous purchase, the scarf, although very cute, is too much like scarf I already own and I felt I could achieve that look otherwise. I already own a piece like the black twofer and the color block sweater I love so much needed to be bigger. I would definitely schedule a fix again though, just the anticipation of finding out what was in the fix alone is enough to keep me ordering. Upon returning the pieces I can give my feedback about what I did or didn't like and Stitchfix will adjust my profile so they can get it right the next time.
I highly recommend this website. Especially if you are in an area where unique shopping is at a minimum. If you do decide to sign up (which is free by the way) please use the invite below and give me a shout out for introducing you to this fabulous concept!
My ID is 3031212








I signed up! We'll see how this goes.
ReplyDelete-ELizabeth
Can't wait to hear about it!
DeleteThis looks awesome! I might have to sign up after baby gets here!
ReplyDelete