Wednesday, March 28, 2012

34 Weeks +

Sloane and I had a doctors appointment this past Friday. All was well. Dr Sree says that due to where she was picking up Sloane's heartbeat she is turned head down and will likely stay there now until the big day. Heartbeat was strong and my belly is still measuring right on. My blood pressure was slightly elevated from MY normal, but overall is still well within a normal range.


Dr Sree did drop a slight bomb on us at this past appointment though. She is taking a trip back to India to visit her family. She will be leaving soon and returning by my 37th week. Hopefully Sloane doesn't decide to come early and we'll have nothing to worry about. Although honestly, I have a feeling when her day does arrive I won't care who's there to catch her just as long as she comes out safely!

Now on to what I like to call, the ugly truth. This is for all the other expectant mothers, or women thinking about getting pregnant, or women thinking of babies in the future. No matter what you do, how long you do it or how much time you spend lotioning or oiling your belly, it doesn't mean a darn thing, stretch marks are genetic. So ask your mom, did she have them? If so, they will come whether you like it or not and your belly will end up looking something like this....


Yup, nice and beautiful stretch marks. I'd like to thank you in advance Sloane for this wonderful little gift you've given me. I started stretch mark creams/lotions/oils everyday when we started trying and I've continue through the whole pregnancy. Doesn't matter.  On the other hand, you may be one of the lucky who don't get any stretch marks. Count your lucky stars and be grateful!

Lastly, I am now currently experiencing pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. The water retention swells the carpel tunnel pitching the nerves to my first three fingers. Happy day! That means I get to wear beautiful wrist braces at night on both wrists when the numbness is at it's worst. I also have started the need to wear my right brace at work as using the mouse for AutoCAD is becoming tough. Writing a lot, like in a journal, and holding a folk or spoon to eat becomes tough as well. And if you want me to open a jar or say a bottle of nail polish by myself with no one around, you can forget it. Trust me, I've tried! Turns out carpal tunnel during pregnancy is fairly normal and should go away after delivery.  Here's to waiting for that day!

2 comments:

  1. I had the same carpal tunnel thing! My fingers started going numb at my 33rd week, and I had the hardest time writing the Thank You's for my shower!! It got worse and was the most annoying thing... and my doctor kept saying "The only cure for that is getting the baby out." Well, let me tell you, baby came out, and the numbness remained for awhile! Just a warning. I think by about 2 months postpartum my hands were back to normal. Phew!! :) Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I had to type my thank you notes. I felt so tacky! I hope mine doesn't last much after the baby is born, I keep hearing the same thing though, only cure is for the baby to come out.

      Delete