I feel like I'm always saying "so much happened this week" but seriously, so much happened this week. I'm going to try my best to keep it short. I promise.
I mentioned last week that we received an offer on the house, to follow up with that we countered a few times back and forth and on Thursday it ended with the buyers rejecting our final offer. They were really trying to cut the price down and get a whole lot for a whole lot of nothing. We weren't having it. Fast forward four days and guess who came crawling back! The same couple came back and accepted our last offer as is. Happy happy day! So now we sit with an accepted offer, but it's contingent on the sale of their home. So really only time will tell. We're excited but it's still nothing to get too excited over.
An update on my Papa. After leaving the hospital he went to a rehabilitation center for therapy and dialysis. There were a lot of ups and downs for about a week or so. Therapy did not end up going so great and my Papa decided not to continue. With that he was moved to a hospice near my parents home. I was lucky enough to get in to see him on Friday while I was back in Waukesha. He was in great spirits and was telling me of all the things he wanted to eat now that his food restrictions were gone. Spaghetti and meatballs with Mama Mia's garlic bread, octopus salad from Glorioso's and ribs from Famous Daves. I joked he shouldn't talk about food in front of a very pregnant woman! I also knew he really wanted to feel Sloane kick and I tried everything I could but our little lady wasn't having it. I felt bad I couldn't get her to kick for him.
On a lighter note, Saturday was my first baby shower in Waukesha. It was great to see so many of my friends and family all in one place. My mom and Jacki put on a wonderful shower and Chris and I were overwhelmed with the love everyone shared with us. Here are a few pictures from the big day.
Lastly, I had many people tell me, at the shower, that I looked bigger than I do in my weekly photos. The only answer I have for that is I always take those pictures first thing in the morning before I've eaten anything, therefore smaller stomach. This week was taken Sunday afternoon after basically three meals and some swelling from driving home... little different ;)
Okay, I lied, not done! Chris and I broke down and are putting the nursery together. Of course just as we thought the accepted offer on the house came just a day after Chris started building. That's the way it goes! After a couple curse words the changing table/dresser combo was built and in my opinion the crib went much smoother, as you can tell in the picture below.
Now I'm done, so much for keeping it short. Next week, baby shower #2 in Plover!



No comments:
Post a Comment