Sunday, February 26, 2012

30 Weeks +

** Reminder: LoBear packed on some ounces so the criteria for the poll has changed. Don't forget to vote again!! 


Happy 3/4 of the way done! 30 Weeks!


This past week we toured the birthing suites at Appleton Medical Center and after seeing both the ThedaClark and AMC suites we have decided on AMC. Although we were first not keen on being moved after the labor and delivery, our tour eased our concerns and changed our minds. Our nurses are never further than two steps outside our room, and all labor and delivery  rooms are close to operating rooms in case of emergency. We also love the idea of a fresh new room after the delivery with a big full size reclining bed for us to lay together with our new little love. 

All this labor talk...things are really starting to get real! Yikes!

I thought it would be fun to see pictures from 10, 20 and now 30 weeks. One-fourth, one-half and three-fourths of the way through this crazy ride~! They aren't lying when they say the majority of growth happens in the late second and third trimester!


10 weeks                                           20 Weeks                                        30 Weeks


The Stats
How far along? 30 Weeks
How big is baby? Around 3 pounds and 15 inches long
Have you picked out any names yet? Yup, Miss Sloane Michaela Casey
How many tests did you take? 3 tests, after 9 months we didn't believe it!
Have you had any morning sickness? I was one of the lucky few with no morning sickness
Stronger Sense of Smell?  Permanent marker in the first trimester. I banned everyone in my office from using them around me! I can now use them myself with no issues.

Appearance
Belly button in or out? Still in there
Stretch marks? A couple small ones around the belly button
Have you had any swelling in your hands or feet? Just one weekend in my ankles after a long car ride. Also, on and off in my hands...my rings are getting tight.
Maternity clothes? Pants 100%, Tops about 90% 
Favorite Maternity Outfit?  Long fitted red maternity sweater, black leggings with grey leg warmers and my black riding boots, I have a lot of favorite pieces but that outfit as a whole is way comfy.

Memories 
Best moment this week? The killer back rub I finally coaxed out of Chris to give me
What I miss: Not much really, maybe my 'miss me' jeans and eating all the seafood I want, whenever I want, and maybe the occasional drink while out to dinner. 
What I'm looking forward to: Holding our little lady in my arms and seeing Chris play and snuggle with her
Do you like being pregnant? Yes, it "suits me" as Chris has said
What do you miss about not being pregnant? Not having to literally roll myself out of bed
What one thing makes up for it? Sloane's kicks and wiggles
Who did you first tell the good news to? The nurse who came to draw blood for our insurance records...then our parents & families the following weekends
What was the first thing bought for baby? Her Stroller

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
Food cravings? Cheese Curds or any Deep Fried Cheese... how Wisconsin of me!
Whats been the strangest craving you've had? Colby jack cheese smothered in dill dip
What is something you eat almost everyday? Oatmeal w/ granola, dried fruit, chia seeds, agave nectar, and unsweetened coconut...my happiness in a bowl
Have you felt any movement yet? Yes, constantly... especially after I eat 
Sleep? Sporadic. Some nights I'll only get up once....some nights I get up 5 or more times.
Any strange dreams? The strange dreams are not as frequent as they use to be but then again, neither is the sleep. Not good. 
 
Finish Line
Labor signs? Not yet, possibly a few braxton-hicks
What are you most nervous about? Not knowing when I'm going to go into labor and whether Chris will be home
Natural or Medicated? To be determined, the plan is to go with the flow
What is the nursery's theme? Pinks, Tans, Browns and Shoes....yup...shoes
What is your favorite thing in the nursery? My Damask Swivel Glider....and I haven't even got it yet!
Do you or dad ever talk to baby? All the time. We sing and read and apologize often for the language we are trying to clean up.
Will you take maternity leave? Oh sweet lord yes, the full 12 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment