Sunday, February 12, 2012

28 Weeks + Third Trimester!

We made it, the third trimester! It all seems like it went way too fast, yet it still feels so far away until we get to meet our princess. *Sigh*


I took off of work this Friday and invited Nana Wendorf up to visit and go with us to our doctors appointment. We started the morning out though in a big rush. Lola had a vet appointment at 7:30a (scheduled for when I was planning to be at work that day) and a house showing at 9:15a. Not knowing how long Lola's appointment would be the house had to be show ready before we left so Chris could just grab the pup and get out of the house for a bit.

As speaking of Lola's vet appointment, it has forced me to change the criteria of the current poll. We recently switched her brand of food and she's been eating a lot better. Which means she finally broke the 7lb mark! Lola weighed in at a whopping 7lbs and 4oz! So check out the poll again, I had to erased all the existing answers and create a new one. So don't forget to vote... again!

As for my doctors appointment, everything went great.  I had blood drawn for my glucose test this visit. The glucose drink was not nearly as bad as I've heard. It just tasted like a sugared up fruit punch drink. Because it was a Friday appointment we haven't heard the results yet, but should probably hear by tomorrow. My blood pressure was good, and although I feel huge, Dr. Sree assured me my weight is right on track as well. The highlight of the appointment was when the doctor brought out the hand-held ultrasound machine and we got to see Sloane wiggling around! She was a little shy for us and only gave us one real good kick, which was the greatest thing ever to see it and feel it happen at the same time. She is currently head down and facing my back, so we were not able to get a face shot. I asked if that was normal that she would already be face down and Dr. Sree said yes and that Sloane will probably switch positions many more times before she's head down for good. 

Saturday we drove down to Waukesha for Jacki's 30th birthday party. It was a surprise, so here's a few pictures from her arrival. We had a blast! Happy Birthday Jax!




No comments:

Post a Comment