Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Super Wonder" Weekend! Ha!

My mom came to visit this weekend while Chris is away golfing in Tennessee. I made him promise he would take pictures and write a post for you all when he got back. I've got written confirmation in email saying he would, so keep an eye out for his guest appearance. I received the following pictures of Chris and his buddy Nick on their way down there... this is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time!!



































On Saturday Mom and I went out to a tasty lunch at Carmella's: An Italian Bistro, shopped literally until we nearly dropped, came home and cooked a yummy dinner and then vegged out in front of the TV for a little movie time. Great fun in all and lots of girl talk :) The real fun though came Sunday when we went to the Antique Mall here in Appleton to scout some treasures. I've been working on adding little bits of decor to the house over time, and when the cat's away(<- Chris) the mouse(Me) will play! I've been eyeing up these vintage bottle crates from Pottery Barn for up above our kitchen cabinets.


The only problem is they aren't exactly the right colors I was looking for and Chris and I don't really even drink soda; I couldn't bring myself to pay the $24.00/crate price tag. Thanks for the free shipping and all....but no thanks. Also, I would need three of those for them to even be seen above our crown molding, that's $72.00 for something that is okay at best.

I also saw these little boxes from Ballard Designs and thought they could be pretty cool as well, neutral color so they would go with whatever we painted the kitchen and small enough I could stack them up and make some fun arrangements.


Would you look at that price tag! It's okay if you want to vomit, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. As my sister-in-law would say CRIPES!! $85.00 for a set of 2 and I would need at least 4. Not to mention that's plus shipping....$170.00+Shipping, I'll keep looking. And so I did, high and low, near and far and as it turns out I just needed to head down the street where I picked up these fabulous finds.


The antique mall had a bazillion bottle crates and all of them where way better than the pre-fabbed, manufactured, vintage-inspired crates above. Best part, $30.00 for both crates. You go ahead and do the math, I'm busy over here doing a little happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment