Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chris' TN Golf Trip


Hi everyone! I just returned from a trip to TN with 19 other guys from WRGC to play golf for 4 days at two different courses. This is the first time that I have made this trip and hope to return again in the future.

The trip started with by friend Nick and I driving the 10 hours to Paris Landing State Park on Sunday the 6th. I am sure that you saw the pics that I sent Ash from our stop in Metropolis and overall, the drive was a pretty easy one. Of course, we did start the trip with me sleeping through my alarm so I was an hour late picking up Nick but that was about it for drama.

Once we arrived in TN, the rest of the group had already arrived and were out on the course. It was a cool 40 degrees when we arrived so Nick and I just rested and waited to catch up with everyone for dinner. The next 4 days were great and I played much better than I expected. I was fortunate enough to get a couple of birdies each day and to win a few dollars so that made the trip that much more wonderful.

The weather got as warm as 55 or so but we only saw the sun once or twice during the whole trip. I made sure to pack warm clothes including a good amount of the clothes that I usually save for ice fishing. The courses were pretty wet from all of the rain that the area had recently received so we were not getting too much roll on any of our shots. The pics that I have attached do not give a good representation of the elevation changes on the two courses but trust me, the majority of our shots into the greens were either uphill or downhill.

One of the pics is the entire group from Wednesday, one of our warmest days. The little guy on the end, opposite of me, got a hole-in-one on the last day. It was quite the celebration as it was his first one and it was on the only par 3 that no one in the group had birdied all week. There are also some picks from one of the bars where they had deep fried bacon with gravy. One of the other guys ordered in and as were were all grabbing a piece, I snapped this picture. It was pretty salty and I would have to say that it was not too tasty.

Thanks for reading and please continue to check out all that Ash will be including. Take care and I will try to write again in the coming months to give my side of our life but Ash does a great job detailing everything.

Chris














2 comments:

  1. Great post Chris! I am glad that you had a good time and Lola & I are glad that you are back home. You are a great writer and I am so glad that you are taking time to enter info into our blog.

    Love - Ashlee

    ReplyDelete