So here's what I know...Chris and I were going gang busters at the gym working on building up our endurance for the family 5k April 16th....then he was out of town a whole bunch for work and motivation went out the window. I'm happy to say we are both back on track. Chris sneaks in some workouts at the hotel gyms and is looking like hot stuff....mmm i need just a moment....okay I'm back, I love that man!
I just hopped back on the gym train yesterday. Everything went well and it felt great to get back in there. I did a 3.1 mile in 42 minutes, that's about a 14 minute pace. I did a considerable amount of walking though as to not over do it. My goal is anything under a 10 minute mile the day of the race, under 30 minutes. I really cannot wait for the weather to get a little bit better so I can get outside and run. It is such a difference running inside with no wind, no elevation change and a nice springy and even tread to run on...not so much the same once you get outside, and I prefer running outside. So come on warm weather!
Eight weeks and counting until race day, plenty of time to be ready. I'm actually also running a 5k with some girls from work on April 1st. A client of ours is putting it on so we all decided to participate, it's a fun family involved one so every one's kids will be there and such. Chris decided to just be my cheerleader that day which is fine, this is my trial run anyway for April 16th.
From what I've heard, Tony had been sick for nearly two weeks and needed to take a break but should be back to the grind soon and Mom and Dad have been doing really well. Those lucky ducks are going on a Hawaiian Cruise the 2 weeks prior to the race...so they'll have the great weather to run outside on the deck....the question is...will they!?! ;) Ahhh...Hawaii....that would be the life!
No comments:
Post a Comment