Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wicked!

Yesterday was the kind of day anyone would need to put their big girl/boy pants on and suck it up....so I did!

I was defeated early in the morning Friday by a whopping cold. Now I can count on a couple fingers the number of times I've been sick in the last few years and this cold takes the cake! I felt it coming on Tuesday, by Wednesday I was sure I was going to have at least a minor "I can live with this" kind of cold. Thursday I went to work and felt horrible throughout the entire day and by Friday....I was down for the count. My body and I were up all night trying to break a fever with no luck. I miss the days when my mom would come in every four hours throughout the night to give me more medicine and change my shirt if it was soaking wet from cold sweats. Instead I've gotten away from medicating myself and with the wonderful invention of dri-fit shirts there is no need worry about the cold sweats anymore!

Any who, I stayed home from work to knock this cold out of me especially since I have been way too excited all week for Friday. Chris and I were going to see Wicked!! There was no way I was missing that. So I sucked it, took back some medicine, put my big girl pants on and went out for a fantastic night with Chris.

We tried a new restaurant in town called TJ Sushi Steakhouse. We love sushi and we are always searching for the best. We've had sushi at a total of 6 different places here in Appleton and still the best to us is a little dumpy place called Far East. But back to Tj's. This restaurant went into a building that has switched owners and restaurants three times in the last 2 years so we were taking quite the risk. As it turned out, we were very impressed, me with the decor and Chris with the Tuna Tartar. The sushi was wonderful and fresh, the Tuna tartar was the best we've had in Appleton but still has leagues to go to catch up to Asiana's in Pewaukee. We also ordered a Thai Style Eggplant dish, medium spicy. It was very good, but with all the sushi we ordered we brought most of it home.

So we left dinner and made our way downtown to the Performing Arts Center. We parked the car and were a bit early so we went out for a drink at the Dirty Leprechaun...also a new place for us. It was fun, not busy in the least, it was also 6:00p...not exactly bar time! It reminded me a lot of the type of bar we are familiar with from college. We finished up our drinks and walked across the street to the play.

Wicked was awesome, it was....well...WICKED AWESOME! This was my first time seeing the play and I thoroughly enjoyed it. For those that have heard of Wicked but aren't sure what it's about; it's the story of the Wicked Witch of the West (Elphaba) and Glinda the Good. They were best friends growing up until one was called good and the other wicked. It's basically the story of the witches prior to Dorthy coming to Oz....and a slight hint of Dorthy near the end. It was such a great play, I can't wait to read the book!

Thank you very much to my love Christopher for treating me to such a wonderful night out....even if I did have to bring a bag full of tissues to get through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment