We started our trip out in Waukesha visiting my family, I didn't take nearly enough photos as usual. Thursday night Chris and I got into town dropped the grandpuppy off at Grandma and Grandpa's and went out to dinner with my brother Tony and sister-in-law Jacki. Nothing special, just some quality time out at Chili's with bottomless chips and salsa, nacho's and shrimp tacos. Minus a newly poured, spilled beer compliments of Anthony and his flailing hand movements during one of his monumental stories, we had a great time!
Did I lay the sarcasm on thick enough there for everyone who's going to get it, to get it!?
Friday morning we met our good friends Gini and Mike out for breakfast. I will be standing up in their wedding this July! So excited! They just bought a house in New Berlin so after breakfast we went out to see it. They have done some amazing work on it, as it's older home in need of some fixing. I wish I had thought to bring my camera with to snap some pictures for you all. The funniest thing about the whole house is the upstairs bathroom. I'll do my best to describe it, but a picture easily would have said a thousand words. At the top of the stairs there is a fluted glass window, full length, in the wall. Plain and simple....on the other side of the window....the toilet! Yeah, ummmm weird! Right at the top of the stairs! Gini and Mike are hoping to drywall over it on the toilet side and maybe put a mirror in on the stairwell side. What kind of weirdo's lived there before them!?!!
Later Friday afternoon we opened gifts from "Santa". We all scored some pretty great stuff and Lola sat patiently like such a good girl. Tessa too!







My Papa and Jan came over a bit later for some snacks, drinks and family time. I just wish that the drinks part wasn't so delicious...Bailey's and Jameson get's me every year! This also would have been an opportune time for pictures but I failed again and you are all stuck reading my poor excuse for writing instead. Sorry!
For dinner we went with tradition and made our way to Maggiano's for dinner. There really are not words for how awesome their hearty Italian greatness is. The funny part of it all, we've have now been sat at the exact same table, three years in a row without requesting it. Church followed dinner and that's always a tough one to do after eating a big Italian dinner and for some reason it was hotter than heck in there which only makes you want to crawl into a ball and go to sleep even more.

Saturday we were early to rise in order to make our way to Chris' family to see our nephew Kellan before they left for Loyal. Oh yeah...Tim and Sarah too...but mostly Kellan ;) Uncle Chris and Auntie Ashlee were the lame ones this year and bought him a studly outfit....he didn't give a darn but I know Sarah was excited. He's going to look like mini hotness in his blue flannel shirt, polar bear sweatshirt and black puffy vest. Oh yeah...and this hat....got to love the hat!


Lola Bear got a present too from Grandma Casey, she carries it everywhere!




Lola also got to meet her cousin Misha....need I say more than this photo....

Before the Tim, Sarah, Kellan clan left for Loyal we went outside to play in the snow and send Kellan down the sled slide Mike made for him.




I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, this was such a great year and there are many more memories to come in 2011 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment