September has always been our most favorite time of the year and this year is no different!
Sloane and I kicked off September and the football season with Mommy & Me pedicure :) Lots of questions… "why she doing that Mama? What's that Mama? Your feet in the water Mama? Pretty toes toes Mama!" It was certainly an experience.
The next day I set out on a mini road trip with these lovely ladies to The Dells for a a little birthday bash/girl time. We started out relaxing at Sundara spa and getting yelled at for taking this picture in the locker room as cell phones are not allowed. See how guilty we felt...
Great dinner the first night at Isnala Supper Club. The food was Ahhhmazing, so good so I ate my leftover duck for breakfast. Don't judge!
Oh and after walking by the bar to wait for our table I saw another guest with one of these beautiful looking Bloody Mary's. Had. To. Have. And so I did.
… and if any of us got out line. Kerry made sure to bring a roll of duck tape. We were attempting to stop Lisa's continuous snorts, perhaps we could have just stopped making her laugh. That might have worked too.
The next day we did just a little bit of damage at the outlet mall...
… and played rock, paper, scissors to help determine where Katie's new wall hangings would go in the dining room. Thoughtful design process ;)
Another little group selfie to finish a great weekend. Love these ladies!
The following Wednesday was book club. NERD ALERT! We read The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. Bonus…. the author is a Plainfield, IL resident, so she came to discuss the book with us!! It was such a great experience to hear an author talk about her book, how it got started and how it made it to our hands. I've been to book readings/signings and heard authors talked about their books, but never in such an intimate setting. Definitely a book club I won't forget soon.
Lastly, was a surprise 30th birthday dinner for my girl Gini! Thanks to the Brewers Game traffic I missed the initial surprise but it was still so wonderful to see her reaction when I did finally show up. We haven't seen each other in some time and had just talked earlier that week about seeing each other soon. I thought for sure she knew. We did a walking tour in the Third Ward. I highly recommend them. You get good food, good history and good laughs with friends. Another great night to wrap up the whirl wind that is September. Thankfully Chris, Sloane and I get to relax this upcoming weekend before heading out of town again for our 5th Anniversary! Can't wait!




No comments:
Post a Comment