Friday, August 29, 2014

Individual Updates

It's been some time since I've updated what we are all up to these days! Big, Fun and Freaky changes in our lives! First off… Miss Sloane…

SLOANE
Way, WAY, WAY sooner than we were ready for Miss Sloane decided for herself that she was ready for a BIG GIRL bed! She seems to want to grow up far too fast. First with the early potty training, then jail breaking from her crib and now she's been showing interest in NOT wearing her pull-ups for bedtime! SLOW IT DOWN SLOANE!!

These two pictures were the first two nights in her big girls bed. She only got out of bed twice the first night and both times were right away while we were still awake. Ever since that night (knock on wood) she has stayed in bed for nap time and bedtime. As soon as we open the door though she gets down faster than a speeding bullet. Such a good little lady. Note the bed sheet change and recall my saying earlier how she does not want to wear her pull-ups… awesome.



Since those first few days she's branched out to inviting PLENTY of friends into bed with her. Mostly though, her babies are never far.

She's even been pushing boundaries and trying out new ways to sleep…likes backwards. I can remember as a kid laying the other way in bed and how "silly" it felt. I love seeing her do this.

 Lastly, now that she's rocking a big girl bed Sloane seems to think she's runs this joint and can have any bed she wants!!


ASHLEE
Back in February I attended a friends online Jamberry party (Nail Wraps that stay on and looking fab for up to 2 weeks and beyond), I had heard very little about it. Tried my sample. L.O.V.E.D it. Ordered right away and then immediately signed up to have my own party. The addiction just grew from there as I was suddenly able to rock some Pinterest looks without being some amazing nail artist. I had also been looking for an alternative to gel polish as it was destroying my nails, and with Sloane in the picture… who had the time or money for nails anymore! Soooo…. for the fun of it and hobby of it all I became a Jamberry Independent Consultant on top of still working in the commercial furniture world. Weird… uber weird… can't say I ever saw this coming.


This black and white skinny wrap was my first sample. I painted the rest of my nails and two days later I was removing the polish and playing with new colors to coordinate the wrap. Uber Fun!

I was crazy skeptical because most of the patterns I was seeing other girls were crazy, wild patterns. I tend to be a little more classic so I took it on as a personal change to rock these jams in a simple every day kind of way.

Not to say I don't branch out for a fun event or two!!

This was for Sloane' 2nd birthday. Black and White Chevron and Clear Mini White Polka over an OPI pink polish. Yeah…. I died with happiness for her birthday!

That's all… thats my lately… in a nutshell!



Chris
Lastly, this handsome man. He's had the most traumatic time lately. See that tiny little spot by his right nostril. Kind of just looks like pimple. A pimple that wouldn't heal. He finally decided to have it checked out at the suggestion of his general doctor who noticed it during a physical.

Turns out it was Basel Skin Cancer and it had to go. So go it did….



Excuse me while I clean the vomit out of my mouth. They had to go back a second time to clear a little more out and make sure they got everything. Based on a full body scan recently we are officially cancer free. Get your sunscreen on people! Mine and Sloane's favorite part of this whole thing is the Doc McStuffins and Mickey Mouse band-aids Dad wore each day. 


So there you have it, a little of life right now for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment