Surely winter must be coming to an end because the ever too AMAZING, OUTSTANDING & EXCITING sporting event of the year is here! THE MASTERS! Okay, I'm obviously being facetious, but if this were Chris speaking those last few sentences would be dead serious!
Truth be told I look forward to The Masters as well, it usually means the winter is coming to an end. I don't remember a year that I couldn't be relying on that notion more than this year. Besides the weather a slightly huge change has occurred. Last year our beautiful spirited daughter could be contained in bouncy chairs or exersaucers; now that beautiful spirited daughter is running WILD and gone are the days of quietly watching golf...
Only five more years until she can qualify for the Drive, Chip, Putt Competition. Better get practicing!
When not watching golf (aka the rest of us going on with our normal lives) we got to work on the yard. Below is a picture of our front yard in the peak of it's bloom… I've almost forgot what color looks like! The real thing I wanted to show though was the tree and beautiful downspout on the right side of the picture. This is the best picture I could find. For starters… that tree died, so we ripped it out. We also wanted to add some more modern and softer landscaping so we decided not to replace it with the same thing but rather with some grasses. We got a great deal end of season, unfortunately, end of season meant end of my patience so there is not picture of them.
Right on cue, Mother Nature nailed us with a load of rain. Works like a charm!! We can't wait now for the grasses to grow up again and for all that color to come back!
Our little helper was on hand too. Nana bought her a pair of her own Mickey Mouse garden gloves.







No comments:
Post a Comment