Monday, September 17, 2012

...Then Life Happened...

It's been quite a few weeks since I've last written a post. It's definitely not for lack of having anything to say. Like the title of this post says...then life happened! I kept telling myself "I'll write tomorrow XYZ when things settle down." Then tomorrow happens and life keeps on coming. So much has changed and happened in the last month and I feel like Chris and I have been working to keep our heads slightly above the water.

Things all kicked off the week before labor day weekend. This was my last week as an Interior Designer at BSI. It was very hard to leave my first big girl job. Maybe no so much the job, but definitely the people. With all the packing and taking care of Sloane it was very hard for me to comprehend I won't be working there anymore. Even today I still feel like I'm just on vacation and come Monday I'll see all my friends again. That's what my co-workers became to me. I worked in a small satellite office, 8 women, lots of sharing and lots of over sharing! I really miss them.

I finished work Thursday, we finished packing the house Friday and we moved out on Saturday. Talk about stress with no time to process.



The move was a super long day, it was a fairly standard move that all in all went really well. The real kicker was the unfinished road construction on our house. Everything went as planned and scheduled and our half of the road was complete in time for us to back the moving truck up over it. It took a slight bit of pedal to the metal to get over the raised portion of the street but Chris handled the 26ft truck like a pro. Our parents helped us out during the day and into the night. At our storage unit my brother came and my lovely friend Gini brought her husband and friend to help us unload. Mucho thanks to them!

So with half our lives packed away in a storage unit, the rest of our lives sprawled all over my parents basement...yes, we are grown adults living my parents basement... we thought we would have a minute to breathe. Nope. That following week Chris had to be back on the road and I had to adjust to being home with Sloane again all day. She handled the change well and continues to do so. The next weekend Chris and I headed down to Illinois again for our fourth trip to look for homes with our realtor. I would say in the four trips we've made down there, we saw nearly 80- 100 homes. This last trip alone was 25 homes. In those 25 homes was this little gem....


We saw, loved it, made an offer on it before we left and by the time we got home we had worked out an accepted offer! This is our new home in Plainfield, IL! We didn't think we would find a place so quickly, but on the plus side we haven't had time to get comfortable and really unpack too much here at my parents. We will close on Oct 10th, but are unsure yet of exactly when we are going to actually move!

So just when life was suppose to calm down for awhile, it keeps going on... and on... and on!





No comments:

Post a Comment