This is also where you forget I just wrote that song in here, it's in my head and it's not that old.....only 16 years...no big deal. I'm sure some day my kids will read this and think how uncool I am, but I have a feeling by that time they are already going to have opinions on how uncool both mom and dad are. Oh well, deal with it kids!
Okay so back to the post, thanks for taking that little side rant with me. I just posted about Gini and Mike's weekend a couple days ago and that was the start of my 10 day vacation. On Monday I flew to IN with Chris for work, our good friends Ben and Amber said they could put us up for a couple nights, plus they just had their second baby, an adorable new little girl, named Amelia.
Look at all that hair!



Tuesday morning I went with Amber to the start of Amelia's film career. Amber was approached by her work who had just remodeled their OB floor to have her baby in the promotional commercial for the hospital. It was fun to see the behind the scenes of making a commercial, but also fun for me to see the newly remodeled OB floor since that's what I do for a living. What was weird though was seeing the commercials "Mom and Dad" in a hospital bed ooo-ing and ahh-ing over little Amelia as if she was theirs. Weird.
Here is the talent agent and future reality TV Hollywood hot mama on set!

The boys escorted me to dinner Tuesday night while Amber stayed home with the kids. They went to get dressed and both came back wearing company logo shirts, such dedication to their work. We had a wonderful Italian dinner at Matteo's where Matteo makes his own Limoncello dessert drink. It was great, but boy was it strong! One of those and I was ready for bed!

Wednesday we left to go home but not without a quick site visit for Chris. I stayed in the car and when his clients heard I was out there they came out to meet me. Chris had to head down to Beloit right after getting home, no rest for the wicked. I of course got to rest though, because I'm not wicked! ;)
Lastly, we ended the week golfing in the Annual Assumption Golf Outing. It was a great day filled with lots of laughs, dance moves and entertainment by our own famous pregnant rap star Sarah Casey! You have some sweet moves! It was also a great year for the golf, the Casey men took first place for the Men's A-Flight and us women took first place for the Women's Flight! The first time we've swept the outing. Other highlights, Bobby Ilk's prime rib, it's not worth ordering a prime rib at any other restaurant unless it tastes like Bob's! Amazing! Also, BBQ almost knocked in a hole-in-one, she was four inches short! We almost all pee'd our pants!
It was a great week! I could get use to this whole stay-at-home mom thing, Lola counts as a baby right!?!
The Men's A-Flight First Place Winners!

The Women's First Place Winners!
No comments:
Post a Comment