So 30 days of gratitude finally comes to an end. I(Ashlee) picked up this idea from another blog and thought I'd give it a try. I've read that people who try and write down three things they are grateful for each day before going to bed increase their happiness and mood. Well I'm a person of many ups and downs and I think through the 30 days of gratitude that was pretty apparent. With it all coming to an end I can truly say it opened our eyes to all the amazing things in our life. Even on the bad days we were forced to find that one great moment that made us smile or laugh. That one moment that was typically something we easily forgot about and generalized the day as a "bad one".
I highly recommend everyone trying this little experiment for themselves. It does not have to be in blog form, it could just be a pad of paper next your bed or by the telephone (if you still have one of those things called land lines!). I'll be honest and say I did not write every single thing I am grateful for here in this blog, some of the things are just for Chris and I to be grateful for. With that said, I also did not write all the bad things I wish I could be ungrateful for...yes...there are some of those as well. That was the hardest part.
We are grateful for this challenging exercise of our brains and what it did for our outlook on our life as we live it....(yup, totally just played off the title of the blog.)
Much Love,
Ashlee + Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment