Friday....Friday alone by itself is enough to be grateful for. TGIF right? But this Friday I was extra grateful for a safe flight home for Chris and safe travels for the Mint Bailey Sisters (Barb-Mom and Carol-Aunt) who made their way to Appleton for some Christmas shopping!


NOVEMBER 20TH
I'm very grateful for the usual Saturday morning breakfast treatment I get from the hubbs. This Saturday Chris got to treat his mom and aunt to this fabulous breakfast fun as well.
The ladies headed out to brave the crowded mall while Chris and I headed up to the roof...yeah...the roof. Time for Christmas lights!!! Yipee! Honestly, I was the only one really excited about this. We did everything right. We measured where we wanted the lights, we remembered to check that the lights could plug in to each other end-to-end and that they were all the same color lights and cords <-- who knew? We checked for where on the house we were going to plug the lights in and remembered a timer, gutter/shingle clips and extension cord. We got it all! After a couple hours on the roof, a few mini arguments and a few strange looks from neighbors wondering why the wife was on the roof and the husband was watching and cracking jokes from the ground making me laugh harder than I should be up on the roof of a house! ;) We got everything done! Only to find out our second set of lights were plugged in backwards and we couldn't light them up....so we went inside and called it a day! We'll have to fix that issue another day, enough was enough! So no pictures of the lights were taken....obviously.
I figured I better work on a project I can't mess up...a pre-lit Christmas tree...sweet, wonderful, easy work :) I finished the tree just in time to make some yummy grub for the family. No pictures here either...way too hungry and tired to remember. My Bad.
So.....I was grateful on Saturday for a great breakfast I didn't have to make, for 50% off everything Christmas at Hobby Lobby, for not falling off the roof, and for Mint Baileys....yes....Mint Baileys.
NOVEMBER 21ST
I know Carol will like this one.....I'm thankful for leftovers....Chicken Spinach Melts, salad, meatball panini's and pinot grigio!
No comments:
Post a Comment