Friday, September 17, 2010

Do you know how to...?

Do you know how to cook a Cornish Game Hen?....



Yeah, us either! But we tried...





First obstacle...cutting a whole bone-in hen. A good family friend, Bob Ilk, gave us a culinary textbook with lots of amazing recipes and cooking techniques. Please don't judge though, we know how to read, but that doesn't mean we can cook it correctly! Picture Instruction...We love picture instruction.

Caution: Raw Meat Ahead!








The greatness we rubbed on the game hen is a new tea rub I picked up at Fava Tea Company. Fava is a tea store here in Appleton where Chris and I get a lot of our loose teas. I spotted this seasoning rub the other day and was totally intrigued. Chris and I have tried the tangerine ginger tea and were not big fans. I took a long shot and picked up the rub and holy sweet greatness!! For the record...Amazing!!



Baste with lots of butter! 2-3 times throughout the cooking process. Oh okay, if we must!





I came home today from work to find Chris, who had been gone for three days, out mowing the lawn. When I came inside his bags were all unpacked and in the laundry. I was feeling a little bad....the house looked like a hurricane went through it... a casualty of Hurricane Ashlee. So I set the table up nicely and popped a bottle of wine. Surely he wouldn't notice then!




It must have worked...we went for an ice cream run after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment