Those who know me, know very well that I HEART rain/thunderstorms. The song usually goes 'Rain, Rain, Come and Play' for me! So, with that said, I should be in love with this summer. I feel as if all of Appleton has got a little taste of the Seattle lifestyle. It's been three weeks now of rain with only a short day here or there of sun to break it up, but never two days in a row. I should be happy right!?!
Not so great for a new lawn trying to make it through it's first year. The lawn has already come down with a fungus from over-saturation and it not being mowed enough. Seeing as it's all a viscous cycle, there is not much Chris and I can do but literally sit and "watch the grass grow"...not cool! I took video of the latest and greatest storm and will post it in the next post after I get my camera cord back from Mom and Dad. We have also begun work on the landscaping and I'll be updating the next few weeks on the progress of that! Yeah Patio!!
Also another bummer to this rain is my training program for the Half Marathon I'm running in September. The rain is proving to make things troublesome to stay on a running schedule. I'm still getting the miles in....just not on the right days. A week ago I started a new program focusing on mileage rather than time. I'm currently running 2 miles at an 11 minute pace...not really top notch but better than I ever expected. This upcoming Sunday will be three miles....assuming it doesn't rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment