Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Thanksgiving: Our First Time Hosting

This Thanksgiving was our first time hosting at our home. Lord help me! I've never made a turkey! I did what any other unknowing cook would do... I channeled Martha Stewart and read every article I could and recipes, reviews, tips and tricks. I armed myself with as much knowledge as I could and gave it a go! 

So here we are, bright and early, giving it a go.

I was pretty darn impressed with the outcome, until of course it had to sit for another hour drying out while we cleaned up the following....

Mmmmm, nothing says I'm hungry for Thanksgiving dinner like your infant barfing everywhere. The poor girl came down with a bug and it managed to all come to a head right before dinner. Everyone took shifts sitting with her so we could all eat with whatever little appetite we had left. Ugh... just brutal. 

Oh and then there was my homemade gravy with giblet stock, it was fabulous... until I added burnt juice from the bottom of the turkey pan, like a fool. So I was just crushing this Thanksgiving thing.

So what to do? Just say forget it! Have a drink and move on! Thankfully Sarah is always there to share a glass!

At the very least I can sit on the memories of making Thanksgiving placemats with Sloane, and flowers, flowers always make me happy!







No comments:

Post a Comment