Monday, January 2, 2017

Sweet Summertime

GAH!! I just got teary eyed looking at all the pictures I selected for this post. (It's January as I write this and the ground is covered in snow) It's not even the warm looking weather than I'm emotional over though, it's how tiny and peanut the kiddos look, and all the sweet moments we had this past summer. I'll be honest, I had already forgot about some of these days. Time is moving way too fast.


This face. That cheese.

We FINALLY got a "garden" started this year. Sloane wanted a picture with her very first tomato!

Hahaha! Golfing was bit of a challenge this year. Sloane finally got a real set of her own and Blair is more interested in the balls and smacking people with her plastic clubs. But again... that face!

Rib and Balloon Fest with the In-laws. Nothing says bestie like noshing on the same pulled pork.



For the wedding slideshow. One of Blair and Brady's first real date outside of the house. Supervised by the parents of course.

We lost Grandma Done, Barb's mom, this past summer. It's always hard losing the ones you love, but we had many great years with her and it only seemed right that at the Assumption Outing this year all the Casey ladies drank Vodka in Grandma Vodka's honor!

Sloane went to her first live musical: The Little Mermaid. Definitely memories we won't forget and we look forward to taking her to many more plays and musicals and sharing our love for theater with the girls!


Squeal! Our first tomato! Sliced and served up with a dash of salt. She ate one whole slice, just because she grew it.

Yeah... no words for this lady! Really, I have none. 


Momma's "helper" as she grew so fast out of so many of Sloane's old clothes.


Celebrating Auntie J's birthday and twinning.

Keeping traditions alive and using the tomatoes we grew to make my Nana's spaghetti sauce


Ice Cream. Ice Cream and More Ice Cream.


Closing out the summer was a trip to Bay Beach for the first time with the girls and their cousins. Topped with a trip to Joe Rouers Bar, where they have the best burger in all the world. Our family always made day trips when we were little and it was fantastic to start that with our girls. Blair pretty much slept the entire time, hence the reason she is not in any of the pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment