Aj's Baptism was wonderful and all of the the kiddos for the most part were really great during mass and the ceremony. There was one other child being baptized with AJ and it was the first kid/grandkid for that family. I can only imagine what was running through their thoughts as they looked across the church at the wild zoo we were barely keeping contained! 6 kiddos and 1 on the way!
With Blair getting a little bit older and not nearly as breakable we've starting giving the girls bath's together. Blair getting bathed did not get off to the greatest of starts. She would scream like a crazy person through the whole thing. I noticed though that if and when Big Sister Sloane wanted to help out Blair would calm down, stare at her sister and coo. This led to us ditching the kitchen sink and throwing Blairs tub right in the bath tub with Sloane. Double Bath Nights were born. Best part is bath time isn't where the love ends. Every time Sloane is around her little sister, Blair is locked in to her and has the biggest smile on her face. Our hearts immediately overflow.
Lastly, Sloane had a big milestone! She had her first dentist appointment. I know it seems late but every dentist we've been to in the last three years has told us something different for when a kiddos first appointment should be. "When they get their first tooth" "Before they are two years old" and "When they can keep their mouth open." By the time I was going to schedule the appointment Chris and I were due for our own so we waited a bit longer so we could do it all together. Anywho... we had no dental concerns over her teeth and brush them twice daily and hard work paided off as her teeth are wonderful according to the dentist. I had really hoped she wouldn't be scared and thankfully the giant, beautiful salt water fish tank, kiddo story books and tv's with cartoons in each room made this milestone a breeze! She was... dare I say...angelic like?!? One day I want to wring her little neck... the next she goes and nails something like this! Ugh...I guess I'll keep her ;)
With Blair getting a little bit older and not nearly as breakable we've starting giving the girls bath's together. Blair getting bathed did not get off to the greatest of starts. She would scream like a crazy person through the whole thing. I noticed though that if and when Big Sister Sloane wanted to help out Blair would calm down, stare at her sister and coo. This led to us ditching the kitchen sink and throwing Blairs tub right in the bath tub with Sloane. Double Bath Nights were born. Best part is bath time isn't where the love ends. Every time Sloane is around her little sister, Blair is locked in to her and has the biggest smile on her face. Our hearts immediately overflow.
Lastly, Sloane had a big milestone! She had her first dentist appointment. I know it seems late but every dentist we've been to in the last three years has told us something different for when a kiddos first appointment should be. "When they get their first tooth" "Before they are two years old" and "When they can keep their mouth open." By the time I was going to schedule the appointment Chris and I were due for our own so we waited a bit longer so we could do it all together. Anywho... we had no dental concerns over her teeth and brush them twice daily and hard work paided off as her teeth are wonderful according to the dentist. I had really hoped she wouldn't be scared and thankfully the giant, beautiful salt water fish tank, kiddo story books and tv's with cartoons in each room made this milestone a breeze! She was... dare I say...angelic like?!? One day I want to wring her little neck... the next she goes and nails something like this! Ugh...I guess I'll keep her ;)









No comments:
Post a Comment