Wednesday, May 20, 2015

House a Home: Third Times a Charm

I remember looking for our first home like it was yesterday... well... it practically was yesterday!! We are finally settled into our third home in just over 5 years. When we look past the headaches and stress of moving we remember the joy, the nerves and overall wonderful feeling of owning OUR home. It's the biggest purchase you're ever going to make... right?! I promise by the third one you won't sweat it anymore! Maybe it had something to do with the closing being over shadowed by the arrival of our daughter the very next day, but I honestly can't remember if we even celebrated this time around. Chris went back to work, I headed back to duplex and I think we shared a glass of wine in bed that night... yeah... a glass. Live it up!!

If we had one thing to say about looking for your first home is don't sweat the small stuff. Don't look for perfection because you are going to learn so much about what you think you want and what you actually want in a home. I personally can speak to that. After looking at numerous homes Chris had to talk me into purchasing our home in Appleton, to this day I still miss certain aspects of that house, THAT. LAUNDRY. ROOM. The counter space in that laundry room is what dreams were made of! And the storage in the kitchen....

Appleton WI - 2009



By the time we moved to Illinois we were sure we knew what we wanted. The problem was finding it. After 3 weekends, 20+ homes a weekend, we were not finding anything that was in our price range or in good condition. There were many homes we saw that were in foreclosure or short sale. Many homes we walked in and walked right back out with mold issues (mind you I was pregnant with Sloane) and some homes I couldn't even fathom someone was living in them... let along children were living there!! So when we found our gem in Plainfield it was nothing like what we thought we wanted, we defiantly didn't want a two story home and the style was super traditional.

When we left Illinois, I bawled my eyes out.

Plainfield, IL - 2012



Would you cry too if you knew what lie ahead was a 2 bedroom duplex that you would have to squeeze into only to move again in 6 months!?!

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

That brings us to today! Third times a charm! We are so in love with this home. There is so much we learned about what we really wanted in a house and our new home has the majority of it all. We can't wait to get completely settled in and finally start making a HOUSE a HOME.... again! 

Plover, WI - 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment