Saturday, October 5, 2013

Four Significant Insignificant Years

When asked how long Chris and I have been married I still get shy and feel so insignificant when I reply with four years. It's seems like such a small number in comparison and in all respect it such a small number. Everything stills feels like it was just yesterday, we haven't watched our wedding video in a couple years but we could both still tell you nearly every detail of that day.


So Chris and I were reflecting back on these four years and just as I said "I can't believe how four insignificant years can feel so..." Chris finished my sentence, "significant!" It really is a special feeling to think of these past four years. We have lived in three cities, one apartment, one loner bedroom/parents basement, purchased two homes, changed jobs twice, bought a beautiful baby girl and gave birth to a puppy dog.... or is that the other way around!?! Just kidding Sloane, one look and that ridiculously adorable smile and your wacky personality and there's no doubt you belong to Daddy and I, no questions asked.


This year we had the pleasure of Nana and Papa Wendorf coming down to watch Sloane so we could spend the day out and about. This alone was a real treat, FREE BABYSITTING! It's not something we get very often living away from both families. Conveniently it was also Grandparents Day at Sloane's daycare. So while Nana, Papa and Sloane were at GP Day we were able to shower and get ready without running after a wee-one, yet again another treat we certainly do not take for granted. Lunch with everyone at a local BBQ joint and then Chris and I part ways to do some shopping, catch an afternoon movie (because we're cheap/ new parents), and sushi dinner. The of course home in time to smooch and snuggle the wee-one before bed.... and then hang out with Mom and Dad. 

A typical romantic Anniversary!

Oh yeah, I cooked some where in there too... in my wedding heels! Chris wore his wedding tie to work and since it was a Thursday I don't go to "work" per say... so heels and yoga pants it was!


 Lunch time at Sharko's

Grandparents Day




No comments:

Post a Comment