There have been a few cons to Miss Sloane, besides the sleepless nights, she has a major, scream at the top of her lungs for two hours, fussy period from about 10p-12a every night.... that's fun...not! We are now on to a different bottle which we hope to see results with. She has also chose not to stay latched to mommy for feedings which makes consoling her very difficult. So now after feeding her one of the billion times a day I also need to pump. So I'm either chained to Sloane or the pump...also... loads of fun! All in all the pros WAY out weigh the cons. She has the most gorgeous little face...if I do say so myself as a totally non-bias mother ;) I love sitting with her skin to skin, she is so soft and smooth and her itty bitty head with the peach fuzz hair feels so comforting under my chin. I also think we are going to have a little strawberry blonde on our hands, but who knows, we'll have to wait and see. She has also been a fairly calm little baby, sans the 10-12a hours.
As for me, I'm recovering about as good as you can be from a major abdominal surgery. I'm slowly working my way off of any medication. (I hate being on meds) I am to the point of only taking it now if I've overworked myself, which actually doesn't take much, so I'm still taking more than I would like. I can start certain stretches and exercises now specific for after c-section and another week or so and I'll be able to drive again!
On another note, last week we had the immediate family up for Mother's Day. Our brothers and their families had not yet had a chance to meet Sloane so we thought it would be the perfect event. Our niece Ella got to meet our nephew Keegan for the first time. They are one week apart if you remember me writing about them. It was so funny to see them interact together. Ella looks like she's going to be quite the controlling little man-eater....literally.....
Here are a few other shots from the day, along with some daily shots snapped from our phones that I can't help but share!




No comments:
Post a Comment