
This may look like a cute picture of little Lola frolicking through the meadow....sadly...it's our backyard and those pretty little flowers are actually pretty little weeds! I call those weeds "little" b/c our yard is also currently plagued with these mammoths...

...and if you don't think those look ginormous, let me put it into perspective for you... That's my 7.5 size foot next to the behemoth!

While Chris played man of the house and mowed the field, I mean lawn....
See, Manly....

...I attempted to tackle the weeds. Weeds - 1. Ashlee - 0. I actually had to give up on one because it bent my hand weeder like it was nothing! After I sort of got a mommoth one out of the ground i took this picture...

The root was thicker than my wrist!! Let's just say i was not able to get it all.
This next picture is just for good humor....and no he is not wearing a white t-shirt....I heart him!

After getting his sun quota for the year Chris headed into the garage to build his shelf, hang tools and organize everything; I found it the perfect opportunity to step inside for a nap....Lola agreed with me.

Finally, to cap off our yard work for the weekend Chris began watering the lawn while I headed out back to plant these....

The Mixed Hybrid Lily is from Chris' Uncle Pat in memory of his late wife who passed away earlier this year, she was an outstanding gardener. The Caramel Coral Bell was given to us from my parents...one of those bat your eyes, puppy dog lip, pretty please Mom I love you begging moments :) I just love the caramel type, it's like fall maple leaves all spring, summer and fall! I promised my mom I wouldn't kill it...hence planting it in our none existent garden next to the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment