Monday, April 19, 2010

Long time, no blog...

So, it's been a long while since I've blogged and Christopher keeps reminding me of it!! Sorry I don't have any pictures this time around, all I've got are a couple of Lola at the Dog Park and I haven't loaded them up yet!

Everything has been pretty good in the last month or so. The weather is getting a heck of a lot nicer, which means more walks for our little lady love. We've been walking Lola around the yard sometimes with and sometimes without her leash to teach her where "out of bounds" is. She's been very good, but there also hasn't been much temptation (i.e. big dog next door).

Along with the nice weather has come a little trouble for Lola. About a week ago I came home for lunch to let her out potty and play with her. As she came running around the side of the couch she started screaming and holding her front leg out to the side. She wouldn't let me touch her or pick her up and I began freaking out! Finally she stopped and let me pick her up, I rubbed her leg looking for a tender or sore spot thinking she hit her leg but nothing seemed to bother her. It happened about two more times that night and again the next day. Each time she would let me massage her leg and everything was fine. I searched online for "pain in dog's front legs" and the only rational thing I came up with was that she was dehydrated and her leg was cramping. Dog's get leg cramps too?!? Who Know!? Long story short - I picked up a baby medicine syringe and have been forcing her to drink more water. It hasn't happened since that week. So for all you little dog owners out there make sure your pup is drinking enough water as the weather gets warmer outside!

As for the "What's New In Life?" for Chris and I...Chris has now taken over sales in Indiana and has been hard at work starting to build client relations down there. The trips are a little harder on both of us since they are now longer than one or two nighters, more like four nights if he want's to get anything accomplished while there. But we've made it work and are happy for this opportunity!

As for me, I'll be going under the knife...I mean laser...again in a couple days for an enhancement on my right eye. It's a pretty standard and typical procedure for patients who have had Lasik surgery to correct Astigmatism (<--i.e. ME! In both eyes!) We're hoping that all I'll need to have done is the right eye otherwise I'll go back in a month to have the left eye done again as well. Lastly new, I've been training to run a half marathon in September. I'm on week 6 of my run/walk training program and doing well. The first 4 weeks were like torture but I've outgrown that stage and now I'm ready to roll. My goal is to run the whole 13 miles without having to walk. I've got a long way to go but I'm confident I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment